Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
Introduction to Childminding Practice
14 November @ 08:45 - 28 November @ 15:30
Hatcham Oak Early Childhood Centre, Wallbutton Road, Brockley, London, SE4 2NX
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate in Basic Compulsory Homebased Childcare Training which is the qualification required at Ofsted Registration. This course is suitable for Childminders, assistants, au-pairs and nannies.
Day 1 – Saturday 14 November 2020
Day 2 – Saturday 21 November 2020
Day 3 – TBC (This half day visit to a local nursery is non-compulsory but HIGHLY recommended
Day 4 – Saturday 28 November 2020
8:45 (for a prompt start at 9:00) – 16:30. You will also be required to do study at home.
Tea and coffee is provided during the training however we recommend you bring your lunch as it is not provided.
Other dates for the diary (included in the price of the course)
- As part of this programme you will be invited to a Welcome session before the course starts to meet the STEEP Tutor and fellow course participants to help you feel well prepared for this course and to set you on the road to your confident and successful completion of this block of study.
- STEEP also provide an individual tutorial session for course participants with the STEEP tutor to help you meet your individual needs.
N.B. We recommend you attended the Pre-Registration Briefing for Becoming a Childminder before you book this course. https://www.steep.org.uk/becoming-a-childminder-pre-registration-briefing/
After the course: To support learners post course we invite you to attend our network support meetings. Local Authority childminding support is also available to Childminders resident in Lewisham.
Other courses related to Ofsted registration
Please note – you will receive a £15 refund of your ‘Becoming a Childminder briefing’ course fee if you book these two courses at the same time as your ICP course.
- Understanding the law, developing skills for good business management, marketing your business, finance, health and safety and developing effective partnerships with parents are some of the many aspects covered during this tutor-led day
- At the end of Day 1 participants will be set four private study tasks. These tasks are an important aspect of the course and will focus on whether you have acquired Day 1 knowledge needed for practice. You will need to set a minimum of five hours for completion of these home study tasks (full resources provided) to be submitted at Day 2
- This tutor led day enables you to understand the characteristics for young children’s effective learning and the provision of educational activities matched to children’s interests for the attainment of their early learning goals. There will also be DVD presentations promoting related techniques towards establishing effective daily routines at the home-based setting.
- You will be set three home study improvement tasks, which when completed you may share at your Ofsted registration visit
- This half day external learning experience takes place at the Chelwood Nursery School – rated outstanding by Ofsted. An opportunity to observe exceptional adult/child relationships and how staff plan and promote children’s individual learning needs in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- We then move across to attend the registered childminders network meeting at Chelwood House meeting room
- This day introduces the critical tools childminders will use to show how young children are learning and achieving at their homebased setting. We cover the statutory requirements as set down and engage in the practical the skills for recording, assessing and tracking every child’s learning across the Early Years Foundation Stage seven key learning areas
We understand some people will find it easier to pay for the course over a period of time rather than in one big chunk. We therefore have two different ways of paying for the course:
- One payment of £289
- Three instalments:
Instalment 1 – £100
Instalment 2- £100
Instalment 3 – £89
You will be required to pay all three instalments before the course finishes in order to receive your certificate of completion which you will need for your Ofsted registration visit.
What you’ll receive
- A high quality home study programme
- Receive learner pre-course information, home study set reading and written assignment task (7 hours)
- 50 hours /seven face to face tutor led training days run over 3/4 weeks
- Home study business set up tasks
- Tutor access and support throughout the six week programme
- Full learning resources to build an impressive homebased childcare
- ‘Portfolio of Evidence’ self, parents, visitors and Ofsted registration
Special ‘bundle’ offer
If you book the following three courses as a bundle, you will receive a £15 refund of your ‘Becoming a Childminder briefing’ course fee.
NB. This £15.00 STEEP briefing fee can only be refunded once.
This offer is available when paying upfront or by instalments
- to be over 18 years old
- A real passion for young children and the drive to ensure their best outcomes
- Sufficient understanding and use of written English for the proposed wellbeing of children in your care
- Suitable and sufficient childcare for your own children to allow full and punctual attendance at tutor days
- To assign realistic home study time to perform business and childcare ‘set up’ tasks’
- To complete the course to merit certification necessary at Ofsted registration visit
Terms and Conditions of Purchase
By purchasing this ticket online I agree to the following terms and conditions:
COVID19: In purchasing this ticket you acknowledge the precautions we have taken in line with Government guidance to reduce the risk of spreading COVID19 and agreed to only attend training if you believe it is safe to do so. View these measures in the next tab.
Payment: Payments are made in advance of the event taking place. If you attend the event without having paid for a place, you may be turned away from the event.
It may be possible to make an online payment on arrival at the event to gain entry where places are available, but this facility cannot be guaranteed.
Timekeeping: Prompt time keeping is essential in ensuring a professional learning environment. Late-comers may be refused admission to the course/training event where entry may be detrimental to the learning of others.
Cancellation: If you are no longer able to attend the course, please notify us by email STEEPcontact@gmail.com, giving us at least 7 days notice. If you fail to do this your full course fee will be retained. In the event the organiser has to cancel or reschedule the event, your booking will be transferred to the next available date or a full refund provided.
Refund policy: Refunds will only be given if the attendee gives 7 days notice of non-attendance. After this time no refunds will be given.
Please DO NOT attending training if you have any of the following symptoms as you will not be admitted to the training room:
- Continuous cough
- A loss of smell or taste
If you believe you may have been in contact with someone in the last 7 days who has COVID19 symptoms, please DO NOT attending training .
Please DO NOT attend training if you are in the governments ‘high risk’ category. Find out about these categories here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/
STEEP will take the following measures to assist with social distancing measures during the training:
- The training room will be cleaned and sanitised pre and post the training event
- All chairs will be spaced according to government guidelines
- Delegates will be provided with clipboards instead of tables to reduce common ‘touch points’
- Windows will be left open to enable air circulation through the training room
- Hand sanitiser as well as soap and water will be available throughout the day
- Masks will be on sale to delegates if they would like to wear them (this will not be mandatory)
We ask all delegates to social distance during their training and we reserve the right to ask anyone who does not comply to leave.