Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
- This event has passed.
Making the most of my Childminding Business (Jun/Jul 2019)
29 June @ 08:45 - 13 July @ 16:30
MAKING THE MOST OF MY CHILDMINDING BUSINESS
Attend our latest tutored childminding continuous professional improvement training days created and developed for registered childminders.
Day 1 – Saturday 29 June 2019
Day 2 – Saturday 6 July 2019
Day 3 – Visit to Chelwood Nursery School – Monday 8 July
Day 4 – Saturday 13 July 2019
Come along to hear more about our latest childminding continuous professional improvement training programme created for registered childminders including how to:
* Improve your leadership and management skills and realise your business potential including employing assistants and managing tax returns
* Hear about what has changed and how to improve children’s best outcomes
* Know the full expectations placed on homebased early years practitioners
* Consider the legal, financial and personal considerations to being or becoming a cut above the rest Ofsted registered childminder
* Sign up for our one, two, three four, five, seven day courses (terms apply with tutor e-support post training day)
This certificated home study course is approved by South Thames Early Education Partnership (STEEP). Its content provides an overview of the latest Homebased Childcare Training Programmes at Level 3 whose level is suitable for prospective and established childminders wishing to update their skills in line with current legislation including the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017
See full programme details over
PRICE £69.00 per 7.5 hour Saturday tutor-led training day inclusive course materials with post training email support throughout.
Course training fees fully tax deductible….. Book now
This is a 3 day course running on 3 consecutive Saturdays PLUS a nursery visit
This course includes an additional half day visit to an Early Years nursery setting and Childminder Group will take place on a Monday morning – 9:30 -11:30am
As part of this programme you will be invited to a Welcome session before the course starts to meet the STEEP Tutor and fellow course participants to help you feel well prepared for this course, and set you on the road to your confident and succesful completion of this block of study.
STEEP also provide an individual tutoritial session for course particpants with the STEEP tutor to help you meet your individual needs.
N.B. Please ensure you have attended the Pre-Registration Briefing for Becoming a Childminder before you book this course.
The Certificate in Basic Compulsory Homebased Childcare Training
Required at Ofsted Registration
(Suitable for Childminders, assistants, au-pairs and nannies)
DAY 1: Business skills
- Understanding the law, developing skills for good business management, marketing your business, finance, health and safety and developing effective partnerships with parents are some of the many aspects covered during this tutor-led day
- At the end of Day 1 participants will be set four private study tasks. These tasks are an important aspect of the course and will focus on whether you have acquired Day 1 knowledge needed for practice. You will need to set a minimum of five hours for completion of these home study tasks (full resources provided) to be submitted at Day 2
DAY 2: EYFS 2017
- This tutor led day enables you to understand the characteristics for young children’s effective learning and the provision of educational activities matched to children’s interests for the attainment of their early learning goals. There will also be DVD presentations promoting related techniques towards establishing effective daily routines at the home-based setting.
- You will be set three home study improvement tasks, which when completed you may share at your Ofsted registration visit
DAY 3: The Early Years Foundation Stage in Action
- This half day external learning experience takes place at the Chelwood Nursery School – rated outstanding by Ofsted. An opportunity to observe exceptional adult/child relationships and how staff plan and promote children’s individual learning needs in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- We then move across to attend the registered childminders network meeting at Chelwood House meeting room
DAY 4: EYFS Assessment
- This day introduces the critical tools childminders will use to show how young children are learning and achieving at their homebased setting. We cover the statutory requirements as set down and engage in the practical the skills for recording, assessing and tracking every child’s learning across the Early Years Foundation Stage seven key learning areas
Additional modules can be purchased as separately, including:
DAY 5: Keeping Children Safe: Safeguarding Children
- A certificated workshop to support everyone who works in childcare to understand their roles and responsibilities and most importantly the procedures to follow when you have concerns.
- We also cover the new ‘Prevent duty responsibilities and how these relate to the Early Years Foundation Stage legal requirements
DAYS 6 & 7 Paediatric First Aid
- All childminders are required by EYFS to hold a current paediatric first aid certificate at registration. This is a 12 hour tutor-led, hands on course that takes place over two days
Post Course: To support learners post course we invite you to attend our network support meetings and subscribe to our STEEP Childminder Annual Membership
Local Authority childminding support is also available to Childminders resident in Lewisham
Modules and Fee Options
Making the Most of My Homebased Business For Registered Childminders – Improvers and Advanced Upskilling
STEEP option CPD1: Business skills (1day) £69.00
STEEP option CPD3: Chelwood Visit (1/2 day) £20.00
Terms and Conditions: By purchasing this ticket online I agree to the following terms and conditions:
Payment: Payments are made on-line in advance of the event taking place. You may attend the event without having booked and paid for the place you may be turned away from the event. It may be possible to make an online payment on arrival at the event to gain entry where places are available, but this facility cannot be guaranteed.
Timekeeping: Prompt time keeping is essential in ensuring a professional learning environment. Late-comers may be refused admission to the course/training event where entry may be detrimental to the learning of others.
Cancellation: If you are no longer able to attend the course, please notify us by email STEEPcontact@gmail.com, giving us at least 7 days notice. If you fail to do this your full course fee will be retained. In the event the organiser has to cancel or reschedule the event, your booking will be transferred to the next available date or a full refund provided.
Refund policy: Refunds will only be given if the attendee gives 7 days notice of non-attendance. After this time no refunds will be given.