Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
Natural Thinkers – Connecting Children to Nature (2 part course)
10 June 2020 @ 09:30 - 15:00
Connecting Children to Nature – Raising Achievement, Health and Wellbeing for Early Years Settings /Nursery and Primary Schools
Why choose our programme?
This training will enable teachers and practitioners to become confident in using the natural environment. Central to the Natural Thinkers programme are 10 commitments which will be explored. These give a structure for teachers and practitioners to follow, enabling aspects of all areas of the curriculum to be accessed
The 2 days course covers:
- Importance of outdoors
- Overview of the 10 commitments
- Risk assessments
- Practical learning experiences
- Find out how to connect children to nature through accessible activities
- Foster and develop STEM learning
- Look at how to make food growing a part of children’s lives
- Explore how to support children to respect and understand their role in protecting the environment
- Discuss ways of promoting children’s health and emotional well being
- Look at creating eco-friendly, nurturing environments that encourages communication and a sense of belonging
Practitioners will be able to:
- Devise an action plan to develop the provision of high quality outdoor learning under the ten commitments which will promote children’s health and wellbeing
- Develop resources and ideas for enabling the curriculum to be delivered outside
Excellent training, research to back up and support with changing mindset of staff team!
Having the practical sessions made the course very powerful. Great training.
Loved every bit of it. I will use what I have learnt to inspire teaching and support staff for outdoor learning.