Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
This is a 3 day course and you must attend all three days to complete the course.
Thursday 3 October 9:30 – 16:00
Thursday 10 October 9:30 – 16:00
Thursday 17 October 9:30 – 16:00
The Workshop consists of a Core Curriculum of seven modules:
1. The Portage Model & it’s Relevance to Early Years Settings.
2. Helping Children Learn – Using Clear Language
3. Helping Children Learn – Planning for Success
4. Helping Children Learn – A Small Steps Approach
5. Examples of Planning, Recording and Sharing
6. Supporting the Development of Play
7. Positive Approaches to Children’s Behaviour
All Workshops will also include a Parent’s Perspective of Portage.
Attending a Portage Workshop gives participants the opportunity to:
By popular request we have decided to add a section on ‘Completing an EHC request’ that will aid settings in recognising what is required and who the request is suitable for.
The course includes extensive materials for each participant.
The course costs £50 for the three days if you work within the borough in an early years provision. If you are a non-resident/setting the cost is £150.