Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
- This event has passed.
Safeguarding, Duty of Care, Child Protection – for Childminders (25 April 20)
25 April @ 08:45 - 16:30
Safeguarding, Duty of Care, Child Protection Awareness
Audience: Prospective and Registered Homebased Childcarers
This one day course provides an introduction to ‘Safeguarding’ and explains the procedures to be followed ‘if you are worried a child in your care is at risk or is being abused’
Aims: Learners understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare rights for all children aged 0-19 years growing up in England.
By the end of the session learners can:
- Explain the terms safeguarding, duty of care and child protection and responsibilities for professional outlined in Keeping Children Safe 2016
- Summarise regulatory requirements for safeguarding children attending the home based setting including a short overview of The Prevent Duty 2015
- Identify own Local Authority /Local Safeguarding Children’s Board procedures
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the lone worker in a home based setting in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Explain procedures to be followed by lone workers in home based settings when harm or abuse are suspected or alleged against self and or third parties
- Describe signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may relate to domestic abuse, neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse
- Describe the actions to take if harm or abuse is suspected and/or disclosed
- Write a policy setting down the procedures for the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children attending own home based setting
- Continue in their ongoing professional development
Learners must attend the course in full to merit Certificate of Attendance awarded at the day. Those arriving after 9.30pm will not be admitted. Learners are advised to bring sufficient food, snacks and drink for the whole day. Tea, Coffee and Water are available throughout
Trainer: Rosemarie Dorgan in partnership with STEEP
Tea and coffee is provided during the training however we recommend you bring your lunch as it is not provided.