Company Number 10411643. © All rights reserved, STEEP 2019
Safeguarding, Duty of Care, Child Protection – for Childminders (Dec 2020)
6 December @ 08:45 - 16:30
Safeguarding, Duty of Care, Child Protection Awareness
Audience: Prospective and Registered Homebased Childcarers
This one day course provides an introduction to ‘Safeguarding’ and explains the procedures to be followed ‘if you are worried a child in your care is at risk or is being abused’
Aims: Learners understand how to support the safeguarding, protection and welfare rights for all children aged 0-19 years growing up in England.
By the end of the session learners can:
- Explain the terms safeguarding, duty of care and child protection and responsibilities for professional outlined in Keeping Children Safe 2016
- Summarise regulatory requirements for safeguarding children attending the home based setting including a short overview of The Prevent Duty 2015
- Identify own Local Authority /Local Safeguarding Children’s Board procedures
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the lone worker in a home based setting in relation to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Explain procedures to be followed by lone workers in home based settings when harm or abuse are suspected or alleged against self and or third parties
- Describe signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that may relate to domestic abuse, neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse
- Describe the actions to take if harm or abuse is suspected and/or disclosed
- Write a policy setting down the procedures for the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children attending own home based setting
- Continue in their ongoing professional development
Learners must attend the course in full to merit Certificate of Attendance awarded at the day. Those arriving after 9.30pm will not be admitted. Learners are advised to bring sufficient food, snacks and drink for the whole day. Tea, Coffee and Water are available throughout
Trainer: Rosemarie Dorgan in partnership with STEEP
Tea and coffee is provided during the training however we recommend you bring your lunch as it is not provided.
Terms and Conditions:
By purchasing this ticket online I agree to the following terms and conditions:
Payment: Payments are made on-line in advance of the event taking place. You may attend the event without having booked and paid for the place you may be turned away from the event. It may be possible to make an online payment on arrival at the event to gain entry where places are available, but this facility cannot be guaranteed.
Timekeeping: Prompt time keeping is essential in ensuring a professional learning environment. Late-comers may be refused admission to the course/training event where entry may be detrimental to the learning of others.
Cancellation: If you are no longer able to attend the course, please notify us by email STEEPcontact@gmail.com, giving us at least 7 days notice. If you fail to do this your full course fee will be retained. In the event the organiser has to cancel or reschedule the event, your booking will be transferred to the next available date or a full refund provided.
Refund policy: Refunds will only be given if the attendee gives 7 days notice of non-attendance. After this time no refunds will be given.
COVID19: For information about how STEEP are following Government guidelines in relation to social distancing, please follow this link to our website